From the instant you wake up to the moment you go to sleep, your hands and wrists are in motion. The 27 bones in your hand and the 13 bones in your wrist work together to grasp door handles, pick up items, cook, work and perform daily care actions. When the flick of the wrist or a handshake causes pain, it’s time to call the Bone & Joint Center’s hand and wrist experts to request an appointment. We can diagnose and prescribe treatment to reduce the pain and weakness. Restore the movement of your hands, wrists, and fingers.
See an orthopedic specialist if you:
- Feel numbness in your hands
- Experience a tingling sensation
- Feel pain in your hands or wrists
- Cannot move your hands, wrists, or fingers
- Feeling cramping in your hands or fingers