Your hips provide the heavy-duty shock absorbers when you walk, run, jump and sit, but when arthritis strikes or your cartilage wears thin, it’s sometimes hard to find a comfortable position. If pain slows you down or keeps you from sleeping, orthopedic care can eliminate the pain. From conservative, nonsurgical therapeutic treatments to total joint replacement, the orthopedic experts at the Bone & Joint Center create an effective care plan that is personalized just for you.
When should you see an orthopedic specialist for hip pain?
See an orthopedic specialist if:
- It is difficult to move your leg
- One or both hips are swollen
- The joint appears deformed
- Pain causes you to limp
- You are experiencing severe pain
- You fell and heard a popping sound
- Pain prevents you from getting a good night’s sleep
- Over-the-counter medications no longer control your pain
- Pain has lasted more than two weeks
- These symptoms may indicate a serious problem that needs specialized orthopedic care.