Bone & Joint's history of orthopedic excellence.
Orthopedic surgeon Thomas O. Miller, MD, envisioned a medical practice devoted solely to bone, joint and muscle injuries. His vision came to life in 1969 when he opened a solo practice at 630 First Street in Wausau named Miller Bone & Joint, S.C. (Service Corporation).
In August of this year, the Articles of Incorporation were amended to rename the practice Bone & Joint Clinic, S.C.
Alexander S. Foltz, MD, was the fourth orthopedic surgeon to join.
Doctors Miller, Buechel, Kranendonk, and Foltz, became Bone & Joint’s charter group of orthopedic surgeons. They set a standard for exceptional care, from admissions to treatment and recovery, that continues today.
Due to growth, the clinic relocated to the office suites at Wausau Hospital (now Aspirus Hospital).
Bone & Joint expanded its service area by purchasing a building from Dr. Braun on East Second Street in Merrill, Wisconsin.
Richard Foltz, MD, orthopedic surgeon (brother of Dr. A. Foltz) relocated from a Rhinelander orthopedic group to become a Bone & Joint provider. The same year Dr. R. Foltz joined Bone & Joint in Wausau, he began offering orthopedic services one day a week at the hospital in Medford, Wisconsin, further expanding Bone & Joint’s service area.
James R. Messerly, DO, a primary orthopedic care and sports medicine specialist, joined the team of orthopedic experts. He was the first non-surgical physician to practice at Bone & Joint.
Bone & Joint purchased land in Rib Mountain with visions for the development of a highly specialized musculoskeletal center.
Bone & Joint constructed a new clinic in Merrill on Eagle Drive. The Merrill Clinic is staffed by two full-time surgeons, a pain management physician and a podiatrist.
On September 20, an official groundbreaking ceremony was held at 225000 Hummingbird Road in the town of Rib Mountain for the construction of a 43,000 square foot musculoskeletal center and ambulatory surgery center. The building is fully constructed and occupied.
In September of 2009, an official groundbreaking ceremony for a building expansion was held at the Medford Bone & Joint Clinic. The addition increased the building’s footprint by 20 percent, to approximately 7,000 total square feet.
Bone & Joint’s Wausau Center opened its Walk-In Care Center to provide fast access to expert orthopedic care, eliminating the need for an appointment and doctor referral.
Bone & Joint’s Medford clinic opened Walk-In care, providing access without an appointment Monday thru Friday 8:30 am to 4 pm.
On November 10, 2015 an official groundbreaking ceremony was held at 1767 Park Avenue in Plover, Wisconsin for the construction of a 15,100 square ft musculoskeletal center and ambulatory surgery center slated to open July 2016.
Dr. Lester Owens began offering the Tenex Health TX treatment technology to Bone & Joint’s patients. The minimally invasive procedure allows skilled physicians to treat tendonitis. The procedure has been shown to have an 85% success rate. On July 18, 2016, Bone & Joint opened its new clinic located at 1767 Park Avenue in Plover, Wisconsin to serve people living and working in and around Plover, Stevens Point, and Wisconsin Rapids. September 1, 2016, marked the launch of Bone & Joint’s redesigned website.
Bone & Joint’s Walk-In Care in Wausau expanded its hours to include Saturdays from 8 a.m. to noon.
Bone & Joint’s Walk-In Care in Wausau expanded its hours to include Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The practice added physical and occupational therapy services at the Wausau and Plover clinic locations.
Bone & Joint opens a physical therapy location in Weston, to better serve the community.