It depends on your pain level and your ability to move.
If you experience any one of the nine symptoms below, we recommend you schedule an appointment with an orthopedic provider as soon as you can.
- Your hip is swollen.
- It hurts to move your leg.
- Your hip joint looks deformed.
- You are experiencing severe pain.
- You fell and heard a popping sound.
- Hip pain keeps you from sleeping.
- The pain in your hip makes you limp.
- Acetaminophen or ibuprofen no longer controls your pain.
- You have had hip pain for more than two weeks.
These symptoms may indicate a serious problem that needs specialized orthopedic care.